LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay kumar solanki   14 September 2019

125 maitainance

I hv been giving 5000 rupees as maitainance to my wife for about a year.i come to know she does a job in some hospital earning more than 6000 per month.so can i file a petition to dimiss her maintainance as she also does job and earns?? what details i hv to give to the court?will my petition be accepted by court?will her maintainance be cancelled?plz guide sir.


 3 Replies

Sumit Nandvani (Advocate)     14 September 2019

you have to produce the salary details of ur wife

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     15 September 2019

You can file for cancellation of maintenance with concreete proof that will show that wife is earning eanough to maintain herself. The court may grant cancellation or may reduce the maintenance if proved 

Adv.Shukla (advocate )     16 September 2019

courts consider status of a person to whom maintenance is given it does not matter wife is earning or not, so if your wife salary is enough according to her status and standard of living then court may cancel her maintenance if you provide relevant documents .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register