Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aryan Perkins (PA)     23 September 2014

[need advise] should i let it go this way or do something?

Today, I questioned myself whether I am living or just surviving and the purpose of it, which led me dig the roots.

The only thing that popped-up in my mind is to approach someone who could advice me the pathway. 

Let me give you the glimpse of the background and what am I scouting for. This may sound quite simply complicated.

My mother is 63 years old and my father around 53 years. (I am not mistaken about the numbers. Yeah its true)

My mom got married in her early 20's and has got three children, whose father (not mine) was deceased 26 years back.

My dad married my sweet mother (in a temple just for the sake of it, but has no legal proofs.) in 1989 and I was born in the year of 1990. The very unfortunate factor is he has had an affair with some other lady - with whom he got married and gave a birth to a baby girl, who is 1 year already elder than me.

Speaking on financial terms, no one from my father's side or mother's side has got good back up, neither properties. I could say everyone is almost crestfallen but fair enough to live the life by doing chaotic jobs.

My mother is entitled to receive family pension as a result of the death of her first husband who served as a Government Engineer. She relies on these bucks because it truly helps her, her children (My 2 cousin brothers and 1 sister - with which I have a affectionate relationship). I am lucky to have them because of the due fact that they treated me as their own brother. 

A decade back ago , my mother left everything behind for my father to stay with. But he never stayed with us as a family. I don't understand and didn't even know what the effing problem with him. He loves my mother a lot but he stays with the other family 24 x 7 x 365. I am not introduced to any member of his family, as in his mother/brother, as of yet. Literally no one.

I had met with an accident and no one turned up since they were so petrified that they (my mom and my dad) would likely reveal themselves and that might lead an quarrels. It was the day I died. 

He just supports around 4000 to 8000 (max) rupees per month upon sever request and doesn't even feel responsible towards me or my mom. I was kept at home for 3 years, because he couldn't afford my education.

After few struggles, I did my graduation by my own. I am still lacking something that makes me stagnate.

I am a passionate about business, pursuing a masters program and crave a better life. But I am stuck in the duality.

If really someone (you) reads with this, please shed me some light how do I move forward with this filthy kind of situations, circumstanced with the mischievous factors.

My mom is so sweet she never tried a gut to fight against my father. I wasn't loved by my father. Yet my mother played a significant role by being mother, father, mentor and a best friend.

I am so pissed off everything, frustrated, vexed and mentally sick. I don't want this to sicken me anymore.

Is there any apt  authority where I can bring this to their attention for a solution. Or Should I file a case against my father? Will that affect on my mother's official pension funds (here, as a widow).

As a fact of matter, I am feeling so suicidal but I won't dare to do that as I have immense confidence that someday somewhere someway I will going to achieve, do something unconventional.

Kindly feel free to ask me any more details.

Please advice. 

Learning

3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     23 September 2014

You have a tough situation. But you also have managed to grow, as is apparent by the very fact of you being here and able to express yourself coherently - far better than many.

So as a first step, nurture the hope you already have and keep striving to grow further .

here is how I see the situation :

a) Your mother is a widow and gets pension. Once she remarries - or the fact she is married is proven - this pension stops , AFAIK. Given your finances, this is not what you would prefer happen, I think.

b) if your father was already married at the time he " married" your mother, the latter marriage is void in law. Although she / you could claim / get some benefits it'd be a long haul and may still not succeed. In any case, as you say, your father is not very well off . If there were properties it could be a different matter - see for example :

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/How-legitimate-is-an-illegitimate-childs-right-to-property/articleshow/15788019.cms

c) Passions cool with age and realities  set in. That sometimes also includes accepting who is one's family with the least legal / emotional hassles.

So, harsh and unjust as it may seem, I think it is better not to disrupt the situation. Instead focus on your family - mother and cousins - and on becoming independent yourself.

Just my opinion. Maybe others here will have a better solution.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Fighting Back For My Life (officer)     24 September 2014

Well, I am not a lawyer or any such competent authority to provide any advice on your situation. I am just a normal guy who is suffering some such inequality set by our legal system, taking advantage our dear andl loved ones are hurting us so much, whom we have loved like anything.

anyways setting that aside, I am really touched by your situation and feel not just sorry, but much more proud of you, your courage and perseverance to date, where you have come up to this level - completing your graduation and even aspiring to do business.

I feel above advice given by Mr. Hardeep is absolutely on merit and right up to the best possible solution. Mr. Hardeep, I appreciate and salute your approach towards this guy's issue where i think no one has yet responded as it may not seem any direct legal case solution but I am sure, since its just little time since posted more valuable advice / opinions would come through.

From my side, i can genuinely say to you Mr. Aryan, that nothing is impossible just try to achieve your masters if possible, not matter if have some hinderance and breaks in between, dont give up. There are millions who just dont even do that when they have everything around in their pockets. Just have faith and working for your career that you aspire. I am sure that you will succeed.

My sincere prayer and wishes for you.

Good luck.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2014

What is your query and what is the solution you expect from this  legal forum?  Post your query while posting your story, and make sure you do not post lengthy queries making it difficult to spare so much time for experts to read them fully and explain you the solutions before you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register