LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

green swastik goa   10 October 2022

Writ of prohibition

I am a retired class 1 Government officer from the year of 2016, one Government servant who has encroached govt. property as per the record, troubling me for false allegation, complaint and seeking FIR against me, because i was instrumental in laying public sewer line along the side of his property against his wish. 

Can i file a writ of prohibition in the High Court for restraining him as he continues till today from the year of 2008.


 5 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     10 October 2022

Detailed information and discuss are required 

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     10 October 2022

What is the context and facts?

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 October 2022

Writ of Prohibition relates to a different context. And, also, a writ could be filed against public authorities. In the instant case, you need to file a civil action.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     28 January 2023

Writ of prohibition is against executive agencies like police, government officers representing departments, courts etc, and not against individuals.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 February 2023

wihtout giving full facts you cannot expect a sound advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register