- The Supreme Court dismissed the petition challenging the decision to cancel the class 12th board examination. The court upheld the evaluation scheme brought by the CBSE and CICSE boards.
- The bench stated that the decision taken by the boards was well informed, and it was, taken at the highest level to protect the welfare of over twenty lakh students. The decisions were taken by the experts in the field, on which there cannot be a second guess.
- The CBSE has divided the marks’ evaluation process into two components, theory and practical. Students will be assessed on their performance in class 10th, 11th and 12th.
- The CISCE will assess students on their performance for the last six classes.
- Both the boards informed the Supreme Court that the class 12th board examination result would be declared, by 31st July.
- They have incorporated a dispute mechanism for those students who have any objections regarding their result.
- The students who wish to take the CBSE board examination physically can do so between 15th August to 15th September, depending on the pandemic situation.
CBSE Marks Linking Portal
- The CBSE has activated an online marks linking portal. The schools have to upload marks obtained by their students.
- The portal showcases seven sections, including a link for uploading internal assessment marks, practicals, projects, date verification for class 10, class 11, and 12 theory marks.
- The online portal will automatically update marks obtained by students in class 10th.
- The system will compute the Class X component (30%), Class XI component (30%) and Class XII component (40%).
Are you in favour of the evaluation scheme approved by the Supreme Court? Let us know in the comment section below!
Tags : Others