What is the case
- In connection with the First Information Report (FIR) filed against Kamal Jain and Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut for allegedly infringing on the copyright of the book "Didda: Warrior Queen of Kashmir," the Bombay High Court on Tuesday granted Kamal Jain protection from arrest until July 1, 2021.
- The book's author, Ashish Kaul, had filed a police report against the two at the Khar police station. This is when the legal action begins. Kangana allegedly cheated on him and began working on the project, according to Kaul. She also went against the law.
- Kamal Jain is willing to participate fully in the inquiry process. The Judge has granted Kamal protection from arrest after hearing his plea and seeing the charges against him.
- The bench of Justices S.S. Shinde and N.J. Inamdar has ordered that Jain be held in custody till July 1, 2021. When called, Jain has also asked Khar police to be there for questioning.
- In January, Kaul served legal papers on Kangana, her sister Rangoli, and producer Kamal. Kangana's lawyers have stated that they will present their case before the court. However, after receiving no response from him for a month, Ashish stated that he decided to seek the assistance of the police.
- "I went to the police station for numerous days, but they didn't record my complaint," he explained. I eventually had to seek legal assistance, and my complaint was reported to the court.
- Kaul added that he has no objection to Kangana producing a film on Didda, but he wrote the premise, the storey on which the film is based, and the data that will be used, and he objects to that. We felt Kangana was a hero, but she later admitted to being the one who threatened us.
- Following an order of a local court on an application submitted by Kaul, Khar police in the city issued an FIR under IPC provisions for cheating, criminal breach of trust, and conspiracy, as well as the Copyright Act.
- The HC panel accepted the statement, saying, "In light of this, the petitioner's arrest does not appear to be justified. The petitioner will not be detained until the 1st of July."
- According to Kaul, he sent Kangana an e-mail outlining the plot of his novel, and she used a portion of it in a tweet to promote her film without his permission.
What do you think about the case?
Tags : Others