Wrong pay fixation

Retired Treasury officer


having joined service in 1975 as second div asst in finanace dept i have been promoted to Gazetted cadre in 2006 accordingly pay and allowances are to be regulated by accountant General in state in gazetted cadre

After my promotion service register was sent to AG for issue of pay slip it was alleged by AG that pay fixation rendered in Non gazetted cadre in the yaear 1994 was no incorrect by one incorrect by Rs 200/- hence directed competent authority in parent dept who is supposed to fix the pay in non Gazetted cadre to refix tha pay by reducing it by Rs 200/- and directed to intiate the recovery process of excess paid salary for last 12 years and went ahead (without giving me reasonable oppurtunity to explain) to fix the salary in Gazetted cadre by denying promotional increment. In other word he continued same pay structure as it was in NGO cadre without giving benefit of increment in lieu of Promotion.

Aggrieved by this injustice I filed a petition in the adminstarative Tribunal in 2006 on the groung that no notice or reasonable oppurtunity has been given which was admitted by Tribunal and pending since 2006 and  stay is not  granted

Now DOPT GOI  has issued an order insisting that excess payment made before 5 years to date of detection is not to be recovered in case of group C and D Employees  my case fits in the category

Above order was issued on the basis of Supreme court Judgement rendered in 2014 in th case of state of punjab vs Rafiq Masih  thsi being reportable as well law of land

Now iam at loss to understand how i should proceed in the case?

(1) whether should i represent AG requesting him to with draw the impuned order reducing my pay (since element of recovery of so called excess payment is also  challenged along with having not given notice or reasonable oppurtunity  in Tribunal) in view of latest supreme court judgement which is reportable and copies of same have been sent to all state Govts

Above supreme court judgements deals with only one aspect of excess payment 

where as my case is on twin ground of  denial of natural justice and arbitariness of refixation of pay after long gap of 12 years

what should be my course of action may please be highlighted

unable to attach the copy of circular as pdf is restricted  in this portal hence the referenc as below

DOP Circular No.F.No 18/03/2015_Est.Pay(1) dated 2nd March 2016




Attached File :
  • downloaded 81 times
    accounts officer

    Aggrieved individuals can always claim the entire service records at a nominal cost of Rs.500/-(Rupees Five Hundred Only).Thw wanting documents as and when made available,Central Administrative Tribunal can be contacted for replenishment of over all loss with !!! Penal Interest!!! with regards...slakshmanrao3@gmail.com




    Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

    Click here to Login / Register  


      Search Forum

    Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
    Post a Legal Query
    Forensics & Evidence     |    x