Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Polymath GP (Consultant)     17 June 2014

Work Reference Letter / Skill Certificate for immigration from IT companies in India

Dear,

I am writing this email to enquire about the rule of providing work reference letter / skill certificate by IT companies in India. I have worked for around 5 years for Headstrong India Pvt Ltd.(now Genpact). I am in process of filling immigration for Canada, for which a reference letter is mandatory from my previous companies as a proof of my employment. As per the CIC format, following details are required in the letter:-

Letters must be:

Written on company letterhead,

signed by the responsible officer/supervisor,

show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and websites addresses,

stamped with the company's official seal.

Letters must include all of the following information:

the specific period of your employment with the company,

the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time you spent in each position,

your main responsibilities and duties in each position, and

the number of hours worked per week in each position.

Unfortunately, Genpact's HR declined my request, stating that they don't have policy to issue such reference letter. Moreover, neither my offer letter nor my relieving letter has any details of my work descripttion. In addition, Citizenship and Immigration department of Canada does not accept self-attested or employee reference letter and they are pretty strict in this to avoid forgery.

However, Genpact provide all the documents required for US H1 visa, UK work permit for its employees who are travelling to these locations. As a matter of fact, Genpact has an office in Canada and USA.

My query is:-

1)      Is there any law or provision by Company act of India which empowers me to obtain work experience /skill certificate?

2)      Is there any law or provision by Labour law of India which empowers me to obtain work experience /skill certificate?

3)      Can Ministry of Corporate Affairs help employee to obtain work experience /skill certificate?

4)      Can Ministry of Human Resource & Development help employee to obtain work experience /skill certificate?

I hope to receive guidance from you in this critical matter in obtaining the required reference letter for immigration.

NOTE:-

1) Genpact is publicly traded company with around 65000 employee and has office all across the globe.

2) Please refer section-12 of Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

-Regards,

GP

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 June 2014

File a petition with labour commissioner at where you worked. They enquire and look after your requirements.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register