LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalai Selvi (Commercial)     14 May 2012

Womens right in grandfathers / fathers property

As my brother is an advocate, he has prepared the documents in such a way that my father has bought the entire property from my Grandfather and my father as per his wish he has transferred the entire property only to two sons.  ..Since my father is deaf and dumb by birth and he has not earned any money on his own.  Both the brothers and my mother have taken me for a ride as my father is helpless. As I am also not financially sound, after spending charges towards court fees, lawyers fees etc, I want to know whether any chances are there in getting my share. I am not having copy of the document and I was totally left blank about our property background. Under this circumstances, whether I am eligible for claiming my share in Grandfathers / Fathers property. Pls advise

Thanks and Regards

Selvi

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 May 2012

Yes. You have a share in your grand father's property. You have to file a civil petition in the court of law. You have to collect the related documents for evidence in the court of laws. Better meet a practicing civil advocate 

Kalai Selvi (Commercial)     16 May 2012

Dear Sir,

As reqd by you, pls find the foll details

How many children for your father? - 2 sons 2 daughters

2. Whether your grand fathers properties were settled among your father and otehrs? - No. My Grandfather has 2 sons and 2 daughters. The entire Grandfather property was shared between sons only. In this my father and both my aunts are deaf and dumb and my big father is mentally disordeed. Hence my lawyer brother transferred my fathers share and my big fathers share (who is no more) between him and my younger brother who is in USA now.

3. Whether your father settled thier shares or propertires? My mother, both my brothers has shared the entire property without informing us. I remember my Lawyer brother has taken my signature and my sister signature in some documents 15 years before. I dont know what was written in that document. In this situation is it possible for me to file a case against him.

4. Whether your father is still alive? YES

5. Whether r u married? if so When? YES. Married in the year 1992.  Pls advise.

15 years before my younger brother (he is now in USA for more than 15 years) told that he will be giving some cash instead of property. But now everyone including my mother is refusing to give any cash / property. As I am not having any concrete base, can i file the case against them. Pls advise

Selvi 7204279719

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 May 2012

Definetly you can have your equal share in the inherited property if you file a suit for partition through local lawyer.

bharatha (STUDENT)     18 May 2012

hai

my mothers mother has her mothers property sold recently.She has 4children 2 among them are girls. can my mother one of 2 girls claim any value as per law

advice me pls

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register