LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hari krishna (hari)     03 May 2012

Women rights on property

We own a land (inam land) in karanataka, My father is the owner of the property (Inam Land) has transferred the the property to my mother (Gift Deed). Therefore the owner of the property is my mother as of now.

I have a sister who is married in the year Dec 1989 , will  she has right over the prperty?

Info:

Women's right to ancestral property is granted vide an amendment to Hindu succession act (act 1 of 1990) with retrospective effect from 22-03-1989.  As per the amendment any women who had married prior to amendment act of 1 of 1990 i.e, 22-03-1989, then she is not entitled for any right of share in the ancestral property.  Whereas if her marriage is after 22-03-1989 she is definitely entitled for a share in the property.

Query:

On  inam land  property she has the right?

Learning

4 Replies

HEM NAM HAT (EXECUTIVE)     03 May 2012

Grandfather won a  small piece of land  dead in 1978  and my grand mother dead in 2001.  They  have 4 daughter. My mother is one of them. My query – IS the my mother have the rights in property of    my Grand father?

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 May 2012

Yes your mother and her other three sisters have equal share in property i.e  1/4 share.

bharatha (STUDENT)     18 May 2012

hai

my mothers mother has her mothers property sold recently.She has 4children 2 among them are girls. can my mother one of 2 girls claim any value as per law

advice me pls

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register