LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyendra Babu Gowthu   20 November 2019

women right in father S A property

Does the daughters born before 1956 have right in father self acquired property.

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 November 2019

The self-acquired property can be dealt in any manner during his lifetime, and in case he is intestate (expires without a will), his wife and all children are eligible for an equal share.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 November 2019

Whether father has died intestate? If so, yes, daughter has an equal right with other LRs of deceased.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts/documents, guidance and proceeding.

Satyendra Babu Gowthu   22 November 2019

Thank u all..
This is situation ..
Please suggest what to do now
My grand father(my mother's father) have 2 daughters and son. He left unregistered WILL for all his self acquired agriculture land for my uncle in 1986 and deceased in same year.Later my uncle got his name in ROR and govt records and he sold all property 4years backand Sattler all his liabilities(of his own) and his children marriages and now he is Zero.
Now I came to know that will is fake .Can my mother and her sister challenge the WILL and file partition suit now.(As my uncle don't have single rupee he won't respond). Please explain What are possible ways to get property.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 November 2019

Contact a local advocate and take his guidance by informing the sources of your grandfather to acquire such self-acquired property, will of 1986 and your suspicions on such forgery etc and take his guidance.  After 33 years, when an innocent third party has acted on such sale 4 years back, your claim has to be studied for filing a declaration suit, paying court fee as per market value as on today, for the property no more in any legal heir's joint possession.  This is not an issue to be guided with out studying such will, the grounds on which now there is a claim that it is forged, the law applicable to your sect etc.,  Your uncle is not concerned and it is his siblings that now wanted to claim the rights, that have to file a suit against third party innocent buyers , making your uncle as a party in the suit.

thank you sir

thank you sir

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 November 2019

How is that the Will is fake? It is immaterial whether the Will is registered or otherwise?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register