LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Women cell complaint copy procedure

Page no : 2

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     04 October 2017

You can definately use the condratictions to get their cases dismissed but such dismissal will not be immediate i.e. to say that you will have to go through the full process of law. 

1 Like

Vany   05 October 2017

Adv Radhika mehta: Full process of law....How much time will it take? What kinda impact it will have on other cases if I file them as suggested above? & Could you please help me in letting know about above mentioned sections consequences?

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     05 October 2017

Time cannot be assured or guaranteed as it depends from court to Court and several factors have to be considered. Before advising you of the consequences, i would first want to understand from you as to what is your take on your marriage? Do you want to continue in the same marriage or you want to get out? If you want to continue, as suggested above, appear in the Sec 9 proceedings and mention your willingness to reside with your husband.  If not, then you have the options suggested hereinabove.  If you do not wish to go down the criminal route, you can file for Divorce, custody, injunction.   There will be no negative impact per se of the defence taken by you on the litigation filed by you.  You have every right to defend your husbands case. 

Vany   05 October 2017

I dont want divorce. Because everything is happening under influence of my elder sister in law. Why he is doing all this.. I am unable to understand.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     06 October 2017

Then, irrespective of everything else, appear and agree to stay together with your husband but on your terms and conditions. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query