New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mallikarjun   24 May 2019

Will execution

Hello , iI am resident of Karnataka and my query is related to property will , my father expired leaving me house we are totally 5 members one of my sister transferred khatha to my mothers name . I want to know whether my mother can execute will also how the partition of property happens kindly request you all to help me by answering your precious opinion thanks


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 May 2019

Dear querist your query is not clear.  How did your sister transferred khata?  Did your father executed any will?  How did you leave the house?  If the property is in your father's name and he died intestate, then all the legal heirs of your father have equal rights over the property.

1 Like

Mallikarjun   24 May 2019

Dear Sir ,

Thanks for your Response 

Sorry for  in conveienience my father constructed house and told all of us(5 children) that it belongs to me verbally  without making any will .

father expaired 15 years back , later on mutual consent we agreed to applied kahata on my mothers Name .

now my siser planning to execute will on the above mentioned property .

please guide me how the partition can be made and resove the issue 

If possible kindly share your contact details



kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 May 2019

As your father died intestate the property will be devolved among all the legal heirs of your father.  so if you want to transfer in your mother's name then yourself and your siblings have to execute a release deed in your mother's favour.  or if all your siblings and mother agrees, all of them shall executed a release deed in your favour.  But your sister cannot execute will.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register