LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Page no : 2

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 January 2012

In support of what I said yesterday reagarding witnesses I am giving below

Section 63 (c) Indian Succession Act, 1925

The Will shall be attested by two or more witnesses, each of whom has seen the testator sign or affix his mark to the will or has seen some other person sign the will, in presence and by direction of the testator, or has received from the testator a personal acknowledgement of his signature or the mark, or of the signature of such other person and each of the witnesses shall sign in the presence of the testator, but it shall not be necessary that more than one witness be present at the same time, and particular form of attestation shall be necessary.

A legal advice is not quoting Sections from Acts only, but also to tell the client the consequences of each of the various options available to him.

Rajdeep Singh (Advertising Executive)     24 January 2012

Hello Mr. Akarapu Udaya Bhasker,  I have a quarry. Is will can be made on ancestral property ??? If yes than it can be callanged ???

For example -: My grand father have 3 sons and they made will on only name of 2 sons not name of my father. Now my grand father is expired in 2000 an my father is expired on 1998. In that condition can I claim for property If will is made by my grand father ? I don't have the copy of will yet. But I am sure that will is make on the name of my father's elder and younger brother of 50 - 50 % sharing of land. It's a agriculture land

AKARAPU UDAYA BHASKER (advocate)     26 January 2012

sir, you have not written that the property belongs to self aquired property or ancestral property of your grand father. O.K., if it assumes that it is his own self aquired property, as admitted by you when he executed by a person in favour of two sons , that is over. So the brothers of your father only get the property and your father will not have any right to claim over particular property. So please clarify on my first doubt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query