LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind Gupta   16 February 2020

Wife wants to add name of daughter in Sale Deed of flat

My wife purchased a new 2 BHK flat in 20 lacs, on her name from a builder in Bhopal. So far Sale Deed of the flat is unregistered ,but it has to be registeted within this week. We have only one married,housewife daughter,who has small taxable income from business of her husband and filing I.T.returns from many years.My wife wants to add her name as Joint Owner of the flat in the Sale Deed (Builder is agree for it)and she wants that the daughter should be absolute owner of the flat , after her death.I also want it.She does not want to write Will for flat in favour of daughter .She wants to let out the flat and the tenant to deposit rent in the bank account of daughter every month.I request all Property Law and Taxation Experts to guide me suitably and give their best advices and suggestions,including some Specific words to be added in the draft of Sale Deed , to be registerein Joint names of Wife and Daughter.

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 February 2020

As the sale deed is not registered, it is better to make the sale deed in the name of your daughter only.  If you add the name of your daughter with your wife's name, then your wife must execute a Gift deed to your daughter for the 1/2 share of your wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register