LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fighter   12 February 2016

Wife threatening to commit suicide after divorce petition

I have filed divorce under mental cruelty ground.

After that wife threatened me to commit suicide over phone 3 times. I have phone call recordings and one SMS.

I informed to Police station with written letter and asked them to send her to women cell consultants.

Can I file NC police complaint for same? If yes, under which section.

How I can use this in my divorce procedure?

Learning

7 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 February 2016

Yes you must lodge written complaint to Police about her threat of committing suicide and try to get the FIR registered against her for such threat if the Police refuse for the same get a dairy number on the copy of the complaint, this will be helpful in divorce case evidence as such threat amounts to mental cruelty good enough ground for divorce.

(Guest)

She is on her own now. All threats and drama before entering court, not after that,  She does something, she is responsible for her actions, anyway you have done what you could which was informing the PS.  So dont worry, start ignoring her calls, it is wrong on your part to talk to wife, that too such a wife who wants to commit suicide, over phone or in person.  By talking to her you are inviting trouble.

Threatening to commit suicide or do some kind of drama in public etc etc cannot made be a base for reconciliatoin.

Reconciliation has to be done in mature way and not like this.  If she commits suicide, one less headache for you, even if she puts some note and dies, you cannot be held responsible for her mental instability or cruel intentions, you may if so, might face some problem for few days, then everything will be ok, you can remarry too.

fighter (Software professional)     12 February 2016

ek hi naam ki do profile kaise ho gayi...i am also fighter..how it is possible...

fighter (Software professional)     12 February 2016

OK understood.. here name shows only...profile govern by email address///..file divorce on cruelty grouns..or keep quiet...try to take mutual divorce..

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     12 February 2016

file these conversations with sms before the court along with NC

Fighter   12 February 2016

I have 3 phone call recordings and one SMS.

Should I submit CD of call recodings OR Transcriptt along with Evidence Affidavit?

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     12 February 2016

Both should be submitted alongwith the relevant certificate/affidavit u/s 65-B

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More