Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Chennai (Tech)     23 July 2013

Wife share on husband ancestral property

Experts,

I just heard that there was an government amendment that wife has the rights to share husbands ancestral property.

Is it true ? 

What should i do to save ? Already im battling DV case, and now my wife has filed for inter maintenance. She is already working and earning around 10k, but she has filed petition saying she doesnt have any work.

Is she first eligble for maintenance and secondary will she now start eyeing at my ancestral property of my mother.

Please help.

Regards,

Victim

Learning

5 Replies

Chinese Chef (Integration Architect)     23 July 2013

The amendment has been decided upon by GoM and is awaiting to be passed in the upcoming monsoon session of parliament.

Do you have proofs of your wife's job? If yes, please file a perjury application with submission of those proofs. The quantum of maintenance will be decided upon several factors and you must fight your case on merits.

ABCDEFG (letter )     23 July 2013

Sir I very well understand the situation

I had asked somewhat similar question and got few replies

you can go through it - to read it CLICK HERE

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     24 July 2013

Dear Querist

No need to worry, the amendment is not notify so this amendments will not be applicable, after notification and consent of President may be the amendments published in notification and make a law. at present there is no law regarding this.

jhinukpalash (Editor)     14 March 2014

Mr Nadeem Q,

What is this then?

Attached File : 304852027 marriage laws bill as passed by rs.pdf downloaded: 216 times

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 March 2014

This is bill only and not law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register