Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaik Mohammed (Private )     26 September 2013

Wife's parents spoiling my marriage pls help

Sir,

I married a girl from Karnataka and I am based out of Andhra Pradesh and work in an IT firm in Chennai. Married in April 2010 For three years there were no problems in our married life. Now her parents are interfering too much and not sending my wife and cut all means of communication and I am unable to communicate to my wife and two year old daughter for the past 3 months. They are ready to file me dowry case if I proceed any legal action for refusing to send my wife back to my home. 

Their intention of doing this is that they want me to spend money on them and they want to make me puppet to them and devour all my income as they do not have any source of income for their living. I did not take any single penny during and after marriage. I never beated my wife. They are taking advantage of my modesty and threatening my parents too. My parents are very much afraid of the 498a case and asked me to find a way. 

Please let me know how can I get my wife and child back. When we went to get my wife to their place for compromising and mutual agreement. My father in law and my brother in law were threatening me and they refused to send her with me not allowing me to speak to my wife in personal. They brainwashed my wife and forced her to tell that she is not interested to come with me. But we don't have any evidence for all this discussion so that I can get divorce and get rid of this nuisance. My problem is that due to my wife's parents I don't want to spoil my marriage life. I have phone recordings when my wife's mother threatening and convincing my wife to leave me and she will marry my wife to another guy. I recorded when my wife was with me before she left my home. 

Please tell me what precautionary measures I can take to avoid legal proceedings against me and my parents. How to park off my parents from these nuisance as they are innocent and elderly. Or please tell me what case I can file against me at my jurisdiction (AP) so that I will make them roam around my native place and teach a lesson.

If you please suggest me what to do then  I will try to approach any credible lawyer here.  My wife is now in Bellary and I am working in Chennai. My wife is ready to tell anything against me.

Please advice me.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 September 2013

You must talk to yur wife in private and find out what she wants, I am sure she will come and join you.

Best of luck

2 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     27 September 2013

Read 498a survival guide asap

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2013

As stated by you that all your efforts for mediation through family sources failed, you either send a lawyer's notice asking her to return to the matrimonial fold or file a petition seeking restitution of conjugal rights, you have to rush up before they initiate action against you with regard to dowry harassment or dv, be in touch wiith your lawyer for safeguarding your family members over the adverse developments that be a result of provocation due to legal steps taken by you 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register