Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthick   04 August 2015

Wife not appearing in court

Hello Experts,

My wife filed for divorce under section 13-i-a. Mediation through court is failed, as she was asking 40 lakhs as alimony. The judge has posted for evidence.

But she is not at all coming to court to give evidence. She is purposefully delaying. Everytime her lawyer appears and asks for another date. For now 3 times this had happened. 

Now the judge has given evidence date for the fourth time.

What could be the reason.. Why she is playing delay tactics.. She has filed the divorce in the first place and why she is not appearing. 

Learning

7 Replies

DR. DIMPLE JINDAL (ADV.) (Advocate)     04 August 2015

She wants to just harass to you.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 August 2015

You can press for her evidence and you can submit before the court to dismiss the petition for want of prosecution. 

SuperHero (Manager)     04 August 2015

Marriage or Divorce both parties has to agree. Then it will be easy.

Else People need to roam around court....How many days or month or Years?

Nobody knows. Offcourse there is an exparte divorce.

I guess you should be able to file a petition next time the other party is wasting Precious Court time and your time and also you have to travel so and so. Already I have taken several leaves from Office which will affect my career.

P.THANGAVEL (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     04 August 2015

I do not think that anyone will file a Divorce case just for hobby or on trivival issues.Definitely there could be valid grounds and after filing one may not be in a position to pursue it vigourously owing to varous reasons like failing health, economic limitations,safety and security issues.If delay occurs due to geneuine causes,the Court is bound to give further hearings otherwise you can press for speedy justice.

(Guest)

Gyan agrees with the gyan of Superhero.

Sunny deol won a national award for his role as a drunkard lawyer in the 1993 movie Damini. Tareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareekTareek pe taareek......

Ever been to market? Vegetable market?

You need to bargain a good price for your vegetable. Here the vegetable is you. She is telling 40 lac, you tell 10 lac, she tell 15, you tell 8, she tell 12, you tell 5, she settle for 8.  That is how vegetables are bought, same rule applies here. If she sits for a sale, then you bargain best what your pocket is ready to bear. Then she take monei, you get divorce. Simple. Better you bargain, better the price you get, best buy !

No use breaking head about dates, simply you catch diseases in long run.  Time and tide wait for none.  All the best.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     05 August 2015

Wait for the next date,if she does not turn up,file a memo in the court for delaying tatics and grant of ex partee decree.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     06 August 2015

If you also want divorce, you can simply giver consent for divorce by filing pursis, If her claim of Rs.40 lahs is there in her petition, she has to prove how she is entiltled to this amount

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register