Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NeedHelpTofight (xxx)     13 December 2014

Wife filed false maintenance case. resigned before hearing.

My wife has filed false DV & Interim Case against me. She was working at the time of filing Interim Maintenance now She has resigned to claim the money & harass me & my family. What will be o/p of her Interim Case ?

I think Judge should dismiss her case. Any previous hearings related to this? Any thoughts from Experts. Need Advice how to fight.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 December 2014

You have to convince the court that she deliberately and wantonly discontinued her job just to harass you.  Tell the court that she is educated and capable of getting a suitable job to maintain herself.  The court may reject her application for maintenance. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 December 2014

How do you say that she has filed a false DV case?, has it been proved false in the court by you and accepted by court?  So, if you are confident that she has filed  a case containing false contents/allegations, you have to challenge it properly , prove her to be wrong before the court, get the case dismissed with the support of all the documentary evidences in your possession including her claim for interim maintenance.  Discuss with your lawyer about all the issues involved in it

harrassed (SE)     17 December 2014

@querist

I agree with the experts advice. Additionally, I have read in 'https://everysuffererisasaviour.blogspot.in/' that, if the cruelty is not proved with (help of expert lawyer) no maintenance will be awarded. If she was working earlier and you know the address of the institution, you may show some proofs related to the same and argue that she had malafide intentions to harrass you.

Good luck!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register