LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun kumar (business)     17 September 2016

Wife ask written agreement for her security

My marriage is 2.5 years old and have a 1 year old baby. We had a quarrel last time and she went home. She had a pre marital physical relation which she disclosed before marriage. But now our parents came to know as she only told to her parents that because of that i am quarelling with her,which was not true. She is so childish and parents single child. She grown up so pampered and dont like a small scolding or shouting. After my parents also come to know about this she didnt want to come back to my home thinking that my parents behaviour wont be good. Her father was not sending her to me, but she is saying that she will come to another house but i have to give her parents a written agreement for her security and not to have any mental or physical torture, or otherwise divorce. I love her soo much and without her i feel incomplete. But now the relationships between parents are strained. I am ready to take her to another home, but i want to know that wheather this Agrreement will have any value to use against me, if i didnt behave lovely always. Does there any such agreemnt exist. please guide

 6 Replies

A walk alone (-)     18 September 2016

If you want to take her on agreement then you are foolish one. You are doing a big mistake. Marriage are based on trust not agreement if she has no trust on you then no need to take her back. Think if you signed agreement and in future because of small fight she make such situation again then she and her parents will use this agreement against you .People in India always want son really your parents are very luck one whose son wants to leave them because of her wife. Great! Better ask her if she wants to come without such agreement then welcome otherwise live in her parents home. Find someone else. You are wasting your time for such wife who dnt love you.

whatnot   18 September 2016

It is natural for a person to go back to their own roots even if it is detrimental in the future life.

There is not much can be done if parents invovles in family matters.


Same is true in your case and there is no point in arguing , unless you have some people who can influence her parents. All other actions are futile at this moment.


If you're in touch with your wife on one to one basis and you have means to provide good life for your family then move to another city. Start marriage life. If it is not in horizon, then take a divorce. Any written agreement is proof of your previous behaviour and same will be produced in court of law.


Once divorced, be a gentleman and be around. She may come back to you. Live a married lfie with same person but without marriage.  There are enough cases of same.


Or wait till one of your in-laws passes away.


Sachin (N.A)     19 September 2016

Originally posted by : VINEETH
i have to give her parents a written agreement for her security and not to have any mental or physical torture, or otherwise divorce. I


Ask her parents to hire the house of BIG BOSS so they can watch each and every activity of yours.

sai narayana   19 September 2016

Instead of one-sided written agreement make it an M.O.U. so both side's points of confrontation can be covered in it.


prabhakar advocate (advocate)     20 September 2016

You love her.  You want to keep the family life in tact.  She is under misapprehension that she would be physically and/or mentally harassed for her premarital affair or post marriage attitude towards you or your parents.  To keep the family life in tact, you can get an agreement drafted beautifully by expert advocate so that you will not face any future complications and at the same time allay the fears gripped your wife.   For example, if it is clearly written "the husband has never physically abused or mentally harassed the wife for any  reason whatsoever and treated her affectionately and never intends to harm her physically or harass her mentally.  In the interest of keeping the matrimonial life peacefully and harmoniously, and to ally the unfounded fears engulfed the wife, the husband doesn't hesitate to assure  the wife from physical abuse or mental harassment."  That will clearly obviate any difficulties, if arise any in future.

Arun kumar (business)     24 September 2016

Thanks all for your feedback... Seriously i am thinking of a divorce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query