Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Why not make adultery legal in india?

Page no : 5

bhima balla (none)     22 May 2012

My argument is it is a contract- one can say a verbal contract.it is done in front of several witnesses and hence must be held as a contract. The concept of divorce didn't and doesn't exist in Hinduism. Hence I have a problem in this law being called Hindu marriage act. Nothing other than saptapadi being the seal of marriage is Hindu. The meaning of saptapadi is lost after that! 

I also think the husband and wife's responsibility is broadly defined and purpose of such union is defined. One can extrapolate from there to current society. 

bhima balla (none)     22 May 2012

The problem is we are borrowing heavily from west whose customs,traditions, lifestyle, civilization are much different than ourselves. The laws are incongruent with the established norms of society. 

What is he basis of such action by legislation? 

1 Like

(Guest)

Our legislative assembly can make law for HUF not for others.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :chandrasekhar.7203@ gmail.com
"
Marriage is a spiritual contract, not a legal contract.
"

you certainly belong to the hindi belt where people have weired ideas like cow is our mother etc. there people have a impractical belief that marriage is spiritual. actually spirituality does not exist anywhere in the world. it is only in your imagination.

(Guest)
After "can a indian citizen visit the court to watch any proceedings" post, Arnab has done it again !!!!! While I admit that Arnab really comes up with weird and thought-provoking ideas, I think as regards Arnab, "the best way to win an argument is to avoid it".

look prasun this ideas of mine may seem weired to you or anybody else but today time has come to rethink our custom again.  are we right in punishing adultry with 5 year jail sentence?   will this practice work? how other nations deal with adultry ? al these questions today is very necessary.

adultry is not a big crime prasun. it is falling in love with a married woman/man. it is noway a big crime at all. if you say that it damages one persons marital right, then the question comes are husband and wife are property of each other? is marriage a contract through which such property is created? if the answer is yes, then we are living ina barbaric middle aged society where spouses are treated as property.

in this forum i found many men living separately from wife for years without having a divorce. in this lonely life ( i prefer to call it solitary confinement) if they fall in love with a married woman, then whats wrong in it? 

jail is a place where if anybody goes, he/she cannot be reformed. the jailgoer is bound to be corrupted. inside a jail there is a parallel world of all sort of bad thing. a newcomer has to be a part of that world. he cannot survive being isolated. after one is released from jail, the society will not accept one. so what he will do? he will contact his friends whom he met in jail. in this way a potential good man becomes a criminal. so you see jail is a criminal factory.

before sending one to jail we must make sure one has committed a henious crime, worthy of seding one to jail. once a man is sent to jail, a criminal will be born.  is adultry a henious crime worthy of sending a man to jail thus making him a criminal? i think no.

we have to get rid of it. we must have our freedom anyway. freedom to me is more valuable than gold or diamond or money.  love cannot be a crime no matter what. in a democratic society, freedom is the last word. if india has no such thing, then india cannot be a democratic country.

i hope you understand my point. india still lives in a barbaric middle  aged backward life after 65 years of independance if not physically, then intellectually.

(Guest)
"
 Marriage as a practise evolved in India did not contemplate divorce.  Divorce law was encouraged by British and many social reformers supported and it came into existence. 
"

really? british brought the concept of divorce? are you mad? don't you see that long before british, the muslims have a concept of divorce the easiest way? talaq, talaq, talaq and bang!!!.

(Guest)
"
Customarily there divorce was not part of Hindu religion. The only requirement of marriage is that the girl goes to the family of husband as daughter-in-law. "in-law" also means literally, legally she is a daughter of that family.  There was no presumption of daugher of a family will, with a divorce, part with that family.  When the consequence of a failed contract is not defined, and the obligations of the contracting parties in case of such failure, it fails to stand the requirements of a legal contract. So I call it a spiritual contract.
"

Customarily there divorce was not part of Hindu religion. really? i have read in MANUSMRITI , the chief text of hindu law, where lord manu advised men to divorce woman who used to fight with their husband. read manusmriti and you will understand if the concept is already there are not.

Vishwa (translator)     23 May 2012

I strongly feel that the administrator should close this thread as participants have said all that they can usefully say and it is pointless to drag on.

Kumar (Family CEO)     23 May 2012

@ Arnab for starting this volatile post.

If you were to find your wife in bed with me, would you :-

(a) Get mad and kill me

(b) Get mad and kill your wife

(c) Be happy for me - that I am enjoying your wife ?

(d) Be happy for your wife that she is having more fun

(e) Be happy for both of us and join in the fun to make it a very happy threesome family.

(f) Divorce and dump your wife.

I dont need the answers. This is for you to think before you start such discussion. There are consequences of our actions. Even animals mark their territory in the wild - why  ? 

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Kumar
"
@ Arnab for starting this volatile post.

If you were to find your wife in bed with me, would you :-

(a) Get mad and kill me

(b) Get mad and kill your wife

(c) Be happy for me - that I am enjoying your wife ?

(d) Be happy for your wife that she is having more fun

(e) Be happy for both of us and join in the fun to make it a very happy threesome family.

(f) Divorce and dump your wife.

I dont need the answers. This is for you to think before you start such discussion. There are consequences of our actions. Even animals mark their territory in the wild - why  ? 
"

if my wife loves you, i will be happy at least she finds her love. i will not sue you for adultry, nor kill you, nor  kill my wife ( no question at all), nor even i ever mentally harass her at all. i will simply divorce her and let her go on her own.

i think that is  more civilized attitude than throwing the man into jail and venting anger on poor wife.

yes! animals mark their territory in the wild - why  ? because they are animals. we are human beings far far far superior than them. we should not mark our wife as our property.

do you understand my dear feudal lord?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     23 May 2012

Admin:-
This thread shall close now
Reasoning:
Folks are creating atmosphere to swap (or dissown) wives unknowlingly.