Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalyan Rao (student)     02 November 2016

Why did my previous company paid me salary after absconding?

Hi ,

I served with this company for 4 months. As i want to go for higher educaiton, I resigned to it 1 month back via mail. They asked me to pay 2 lakh bond amount. I requested to reduce it as i want to go for higher education to which they didn’t agree.So i left the company. I ignored all the mails they sent to me after leaving.

Now,They paid me salary for the last month which i didn’t serve at all.

Is it good to talk to HR now? Any advice please.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 November 2016

It could be a tactical approach to claim that your resignatin was not accepted and you were not relieved.

Subsequent to the resignation by email: you might have sent the resignation by letter thru ordinary post. You may attach the copy in same email trail.

Similar query(ies) has been discussed in illusdtrated thrreads that you can search in Search Option.

I am sending link to you.

You can pick up relevant points.You may also reply pointwise to all points raised in the link in your query in this thread. It shall help.

The said BOND was drafted in lieu of what extra ordinary benefit by the company to you?

Do you have the copy?

Kalyan Rao (student)     03 November 2016

Sir, Thanks for the reply. I didn't send any hand written resignation letter. I dont have the copy of the bond. But it said, if an employee leave before the period of 2 years he need to pay 2 lakh training cost. Infact i was not trained for 2 lakhs. Currently i am in probation period.

I have gone through the link you have sent me. Will the company pay me for 3 months as they terminated or Is it a tactical approach as you said? As of now i only got a mail from company saying i am absent for work. I didn't get any termination mail/letter. I have mailed the IT union in chennai also. Thanks.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 November 2016

If the Bond was drafted on grounds of Training ( from certified Instt for certified course) and training was not provided; then it mght be void.

You are unable to read between the lines.

Show my post to elders in the family, experienced well wishers.

You have sent resignation by email.

It is matter of record.

Compnay has sent you emails.It is matter of record.

We have not sent emails.

Show these to a very able counsel specializing in Labort/Service matters.

Kalyan Rao (student)     03 November 2016

Sir, Is it good to talk to Counsel first or shall i mail/phone HR person for the reason they paid me the salary for the month which i didn't serve?

Termination Clause says: 

You may resign from the employment of the company by giving 3 months prior written notice to the company. The company may terminate your employment by giving you 3 months notice in writing, or by giving 3 months salary in lieu of the aforesaid notice. You shall not entitled to any severance pay upon termination of your employment ith the company.

As i left in the probation period, will it be in favour of me?

Thanks.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 November 2016

It is good to talk to Counsel first and Show all dcos pertaining to your employment e.g; appointment letter, , salary slips, resignation by email and all other emails etc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register