LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ezaan Khan   15 June 2024

who is Aggrieved person ?

respected experts
who is called aggrieved person in IPC494, can FIR can b booked r pvt complain shud b made.
if FIR booked and chargesheet filed can it will b quashed.
thanks in advance


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2024

It is the complainant who is the aggrieved person.

A complaint under section 494 IPC is made as a private complaint before the jurisdictional judicial magistrate court. 

The accused can approach high court with a petition under section 482 cr.p.c. seeking to quash the complaint

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register