LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hellao (student)     30 May 2011

Who can ISSUE a SERVICE BOND

Hi, Sir I am going to join a PSU as a GET. Now they are asking me to give a service bond of Rs. 50000/- on a non judicial stamp paper by an gazetted Officer. Now my Question is it really required ( I mean Legal) to ask for such a service bond and whether any gazetted officer (e.g The Principal of my university which is IIT) can do this or, I have to go to court (notary) for the same.

Regards for any assistance.

Learning

2 Replies

Bhupendra Dubey (Lawyer)     10 September 2012

Dear Hellao,

Legally you are not bound to sign any such document which obstructs your prosperity based on change of job after experience for your betterment. Normally companies hiring the staff have developed a tendency to take such bonds creating a threat in the mind of the job seeker to the effect that if he quits job on his own then he will be liable to compensate the company in the sum as stated in the bond. It is upto the caliber of the job seeker, how he can establish himself to the job. If a person is experienced when joining the establishment, he may have all the rights to say no to such onerous conditions which are against the fundamental rights of the jobseeker. If you are confident enough then you may also put up your working conditions and environment and say that, if the enviornment of the company does not suit your or it adversely affects your working abilities, then the company shall be liable to compensate you.

Take care.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 September 2012

Mr. Dubey has given valuable advice.Kindly follow it.

Has the PSU written in its job advertisement that selected candidates shall have to submit a bond?

Does the PSU provide any training that adds to special skill and qualification?

The companies at a later stage claim that even the supervisor's time and wages are training expense on trainess.

Is the position of GET { probably Graduate Engineer Trainee} declared as trainee in standing orders of the company?

Is a GET an apprentice?

You may choose carefully while choosing your employer as at a later stage you may find yourself entangled in legal traps and hassles.

You may find the attachments useful.

Attached File : 745686989 417759075 validity of employment bonds.pdf, 745686989 background paper.pdf downloaded: 77 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register