Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rashmi   14 April 2015

Whistleblower/paid a bribe

Hi,

(sorry I can't disclose my identity)

Please give me advice on the following topic:

I was working in IT Company. But I cleared a written examination of Govt. undertaking institution. But during before few days of interview, one of the senior officials from that department contacted me and asked to pay for a bribe of rs 7 lakhs to get the interview cleared. (Although that official was known to me as official was a friend of my father) at first instance I refused to pay the bribe. Then he started doing brainwash of as he told me that without paying bribe I would be out of interview. Also he told about other few known persons who even had paid bribe to get written examination cleared. He told that he had charged app 10-12 lakhs each from them. By his continuous conversation,I thought to complain about this act then many of my relatives and family friends started cursing me that by this you would never get a job in Govt sector and to get a govt job, you have to pay heavy bribe. So after many debates and discussions, I paid a bribe of 7 lakh to the official from PF account of my father. When I appeared for the interview, I was not happy because I knew that I had paid bribe. Now I have been selected and I have joined in the job. But my Conscience is continuously making me feel wrong and guilty for being a part of wrong act. Due to this I am not able to concentrate on the job also I am feeling very much depressed. Sometimes I am thinking to just leave the job but then I think for the amount I paid and the main culprits due to whom I took that step. I am so much depressed that I am unable to expect my life further.

But now I am thinking to file a case against the erred official who had asked for bribe. But I don’t have any proof for the same except that I had withdrawn money from my father’s account.  So please suggest me whether it would be feasible to file a case against the person for brainwash/bribe or is there any provision under whistleblower act and also what kind of action could be taken against me and how much it could affect my career further?

Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2015

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 April 2015

Whistle blowers Act has not come into force.  But you can file complaint under IPC and prevention of corruption Act.  As it is criminal case, you have to prove your case beyond reasonable doubt.  In addition to you, several other colleagues selected along with you, might have paid bribes like you.  They become against you.  Keeping all these things in view, if you still want to proceed further, you can proceed.

Whatever may be the result of your case, you will turn out to be the noble human being.  The world will survive only due to the people like you.My best wishes are with you.

rashmi   17 April 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register