LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Whether food supply officer can force ration card holders to


Whether Food supply officer can force ration card holders to sign no complaint letters: CIC


(Room No.315, B­Wing, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi 110 066)
File No.CIC/DS/A/2013/002484­SA
(Ms. Usha Devi Vs. Food & Supply, GNCTD, Delhi)

Date of decision : 26­-09-­2014
  Information Commissioner :
Prof. M. Sridhar Acharyulu
(Madabhushi Sridhar)

Sections 3, 19(3) of the RTI

Summary : ­ 
As per National Food Security Act 2013, Public Distribution System (control) Order, 2001 
and the Public Distribution System Control Order, 2001 not only the applicant is entitled 
to information about the stock and sale details of FPS shop but also about the people in 
general. The public authority is also under obligation to ensure that the record of FPS 
shop is maintained properly, as allotment of the food grains is done in accordance with 
that only. The Commission finds it necessary to remind the PIO and Public Authority that 
they have a duty provide information both under RTI Act and NFS Act besides having to 
duty to enquire into the complaint/ redress grievance of the card holders. Nowhere, were 

they permitted to force to give statements of  ‘no­complaint’.  Noting that it  is a serious 
obstruction to access to information, CIC   directs   the PIO and Public Authority to give 
up  such anti­RTI and anti Food  Security practice  immediately  and  ensure information 

 1 Replies

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     07 October 2014

No.please Complaint is a fundamental right to enforce your right, that is also your duty under constitution of india.

Any laws if passed against tenets of constitution is ultra vires constitution, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query