Where to refile online rti

Respected members,

A few months back I had filed an online RTI to State Crime Records Bureau, West Bengal to know if any case has even been registered against my name though I know no such finding will be there.

But I got a reply stating that no such personal records are kept in this office. Can you please tell me where to refile my online RTI once again. To whom I should address then this time becuase I was under impression that SCRB keeps such records.

Your suggestions are most welcome.


I forgot to tell initially a few months back I was worried regarding a public alcohol consumption case which I thought was registered against me but after filing another RTI in the local police station I came to know that no FIR/ Case or anything of that sort ever registered in my name.

So I'm sure nothing will come out in this RTI also but still just to be double sure I wanted to check.

Can you please suggest.



Use registered post Route. send RTI application under Section 6(1)  of RTI ACT for the required information to PIO of  the concerned  Governmetn Department and wait  for a week or10 days by registered post with acknowledgemnt due. Let us see what reply you  will get. in the same RTI query under PS: you state that online RTI is not working propery AND WHY? WHAT SHOULD i DO TO make IT WorK AND RECORD MY DETAILS ONLINE.iF YOU APPRECIATE THIS  ANSWR PLEASE GIVE ME A LIKE ON MY PROFILE.

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

Apply for  police clearance certificate in your local police station. No need R.T.I. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x