LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manu (manager)     20 June 2012

What to do once my father passes away

hello ..my father is very sick and is a possibility that he passes away. i have a joint property with my 2 uncles and my father and its written in the will that by my grandmother that property would be given to 3 grand sons.

my father gave my uncles the money and its mututallyunderstood the property goes to me. i have proof of money on a stamp deed and checks paid to them as the proof.

now what am i suppose to do once he passses away . my questions are

1. i dont want my uncles/cousins to bother me

2, i have 2 sisters ...do they have any share. my father is alive and has told me that the property is yours and no sister is concerned. what shud i do to be on a safer side. i dont want them to bother me.

3. i am also seperated and would be filing for divorce...i dont want my x -wife and her parents to bother me.

4. also right now my 3rd uncle has filed a forged case in high court demanding his share by producing fake will.

we have won the case in tis hizari and is pending in high court . our lawyer says dont worry. we wud win as his will is fake.

what all steps shud i take to save my house from all these people. please help . i dont mind if my mother puts her name in the property as she has full right and i dont want anyone to bother me or my mother.

how would divorce affect it . as this is my ancestral property and she cannot demand any thing from this.

please help

thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     20 June 2012

First of all, your father has no right whatsoever to make a will for the property that is not self-acquired. As said, the property is ancestral property, and therefore, all the co-parceners have their right to share the property. According to me, you haave no case, if it is really a property belonging to Hindu Undivided Family. There is a clear distinction between self acquired and ancestral property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register