Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What should I do..?

Page no : 2

ramakrishna thakur (na)     07 February 2011

Mr Gaurav,

In all matrimonial matters the first spanner is the conflict of egos.  Most of the strife emanates from the clash of egos.  Before taking any action whatsoever introspect whether it is your own doing/imagination that she is manipulated objectively.  Many truths in this world are our own perceptions rather than reality.  Mother need not be ignored for doting affection on one's wife.  They are different and have their specific place of their own definitely apart from each other.  What happens usually is that emotions take the better part of our perception of reality.  If despite counselling with your well wishers and objective introspection you feel that your opinion about your wife's behavious is well founded then try to break the ice through mutual wellwishers and see if you can save the marriage.  Afterall people do not marry to live harmoniously adjusting to each other and not to quarrel and compete with each others.  Many decisons it is seen now a days that couples are turning to wrong knowledge providers instead of reconciling with each other for their familial differences. 

So Kindly assess your situation objectively. 

If your problems are really real then go together to a marriage counseller and take counselling on how to ovbercome mutual differences.  Then if that too doesnot work out start pondering legal imp;lications and angles and dont rush into litigation on the spur of moment impuluses which you might rue later.

Legal recouseshould to be reserved for the last in matrimonial matters and reconciliation effort should be first thoroughly explored.  Happy married life to you and your wife.

Rajeev Singh (Law Student)     08 February 2011

@ Gaurav

I completely agree with komal ji, her advice is quite appropriate and atleast one person has understood what you exactly want.

All the best

1 Like

Samir Jha (Advocate)     09 February 2011

Dear Gaurav,

Having gone through the post I believe you have been well advised by Komal ji.
 But firstly, being a friend of yours my advise to you will be to primarily safeguard your interest from any false case under existing laws.

It is true that if your wife now files any complaint/case against you, the delay of one year will come to your help but so far you have nothing documented to prove that you are sincerly trying to bring her back. Please find emphasis on the word documented.
In case she decides to file a case, it will be your word against her and that would not be sufficient.

By the facts that you have narrated and with my understanding, which might be proved wrong, she is waiting for a period of two years to get over so that she can file for a divorce on .the ground of desertion as she knows or been advised that divorce on the ground of cruelty may not hold good, if taken after one year.

You have been honest enough to admit that you slapped her but being honest has its own disadvantage at time. It is time to be strong and take action. If you keep on waiting nothing will happen, may be no case against you, but by sitting idle you are not helping yourself either. 

Try taking help of mediation centers before resorting to litigation. If you are Delhi based then you can go to Delhi high court mediation center. You can also file case for restitution of conjugal right u/s 9 of Hindu Marriage Act. It comes into operation if one spouse withdraw from the society of another without justified cause. You also have to safe guard yourself by giving a detailed narration of the atrocities faced by you to the concerned police station. At the end of the day, these are the doucments that will safe guard you and your family. There is a tendeny to include everyone in the family in such cases and you don't your family to suffer due to your inaction or misplaced hope.  I must warn you here that taking action may have its own disadvantage but sitting idle will also not help you.

regards.

1 Like

gaurav (executive)     09 February 2011

Sudhir ji

I have few sms related to request my brother in law asking send her back,asking her well bing... Sir you mentioned here that she is waiting for complete 2 years . she is waiting to completing 2 years from date of marriage of date of leaving my house.....I slapped her but circumstances are very wrost for me at that time... she ignore me & not provding & preparing food for me from last 6 days. even when my mother giving her advice to her why u r doing so.. she stat shouting on my mother who get recently widow... she wants to leave my house in night & when she told me she wants to abort my child then i lost my patience & i slept her. even after i say sory to her, even i touched her legs to say sorry. I hug her & she is bahaving normal with me next day. she call me in my office.. how r u .etc.. & all of sudden when i on the way to my home she left my house with her lawyer bro...without speaking to me...

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     10 February 2011

Lawyer bro, here comes the Risk. safeguard urself and ur family before thinking about reunion etc.

Shubham kumar (Practising Lawyer)     10 February 2011

agree with komal ji, & samir jha sir....

safeguarding is also required and if you want your back , in both the circumstances komal ji & samir jha sir has explained very nicely, you have your clear answer.

1 Like

gaurav (executive)     19 December 2011

Dear All

I seriously need advice of yours... as In my case , one year & 7 months are completed. she is very rude girls. using very abusive language about my passed father & Charecter of mother who is 60 years old.... she is silenet.. not ready to do anything.. she is staying silent since then to give me pain... now i decide to devorce her. good & reasonable lawyers & grounds of divorce... Dessertation & parent interference... pls advice

gaurav (executive)     19 December 2011

Dear Members

Please Advice....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register