Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sameer Khan (na)     15 February 2016

What is required while opening a retail female clothing shop

Dear All,

My wife wants to start a retail Clothing shop of salwar kameez material in Mumbai. She is very new to this. She has taken a shop on Lease and License Ageement. What will be required for it? As in, Does she required to obtain a Shop & estt License? Does the name of the shop need to be registered anywhere? And what else she need to obtain to run the shop??

Please help. Your reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Reena Grover   21 February 2016

Dear Sameer,

Based on the limited information set out by you, yes your wife will need to take Shop and Estalishment License usually called Gumasta. This will also be required once she opens her current account for her business. 

Best wishes

Reena Grover

Grover Law Chambers

reena@groverlawchambers.com 

Sameer Khan (na)     22 February 2016

Thanks for your reply. if im not wrong, She will be running the shop as sole proprietor? As in she the owner and one worker with her. My 2nd question does the lease and license agreement of the shop should be in d name of my wife or the shop name??? my 3rd question is, does the gumusta license is made for certain business or can be combined??? (Eg. Boutique, imitation jewellery. And travel n ticketing. so gumusta will be for each or both combined in one???) And lastly does she need to apply for any other license or service tax or vat or etc??? (As its a very small shop with few items in it) I know i have asked many questions but it will be highly appreciated if you could help us in it. Thanks in advance. Regards, Sameer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More