LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

what is conviction procedures

What is the conviction procedures adopted by Magistration on day of judgement?

1. Whether all accused (presently on bail) are compulsorly arrested if they are convicted on day of judgement?

2. Whether the magistate give bail for intervening period so that accused can file appeal for their conviction to higher court?

M/s. innocents

Learning

4 Replies

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     28 July 2010

if the sentence is less than 2 years, the convicted person can file a petition for suspension of sentence so as to enable him to file appeal and get bail. If the sentence is more than 2 years the accused has to file appeal and seek bail. Till such bail is granted the convicted person has to remain in jail. Along with the suspension petition, it is better to be ready with sureties.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 July 2010

Why worry about procedure.

Read this procedure.

TIMES NOW accesses RTI document that shows Nitish Katara's killer was allowed out of jail 66 times in 19 months. The VVIP prisoner has once again bent rules at will. Vikas Yadav, the man convicted for the murder of Nitish Katara, has found another way of bending rules for himself. 

Ayub S. Pathan (Legal Adviser)     28 July 2010

Mr. innocent,

You are too vague.

but still you have provision to get the sentence suspended and obtain bail.

Be specific and spell the offence you face. then only you will get the exact answers.

My daer law takes care of everyone. Have faith and Be Specific.

Ayub S. Pathan, Legal Adviser, Mah. State CID, Pune

(Guest)

Mr Ayub

Very good/practical  answer  by Anil ji containing lot of between the lines which much be understood in todays parlance of trial courts.

My objective of posting the question was just to know procedures.

Now a days even some one is 99.99% sure for being acquitted even then he should bother for .01% only .

Some times .01% is heavier than 99.99%. This I have seen in practical life. Peshkars in trail courts are deemed presiding officers..............

Money makes the mare go...............in rural areas.

by innocents

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register