Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tearer99@gmail.com (tearer99@gmail.com)     05 January 2012

What can happen if failure to repay loan?

This student borrowed 3 lakhs from his friends who have political connections to pay education expenses. He signed on a estamp bond paper of Rs 200 which mentioned all details and conditions of this transaction. The borrower repayed to the lenders a sum of Rs 6,00,000 in cheques and a further nearly 80Gms of gold. The lenders are asking for more money as they claim that the already paid money is covering the interest and the capital/part of it remains unpaid.

What liabilities, within the ambit of law, does this student face if the lenders opt to claim the money through the law? Please answer, your advice will be thanked deeply,.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 January 2012

The student is being fleeced. Visit a competent and experienced lawyer with copy of the stamp bond paper and copy of all transactions, receipts, detail of amounts paid, at once.

The student can also post a copy of the bond in the forum. The name etc may be erased to protect the confidentiality.

It is believed that the parents shall not allow the student to enter into such transaction.

What is the need of getting loan from such loan sharks, when bank grant education loan on fair terms and as per guidelines set by govt.

1 Like

Thank Kumar ji for the prompt reply. Any more suggestion are welcomed cordially

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     05 January 2012

You question is very vague, so,  please give full particulars to advise you properly

With regards

I.S.Roy, Advocate

1 Like

Mr Roy, what kind of information should I provide to make the query fully understandable? Can you help me out with that please?

Thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register