LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

L K C   24 February 2016

What amounts to mental cruelity

Please let me know what all amounts to cruelity by wife from below scenarios(Which I have faced till date)  - Married 10 months back :

1) Wife attempted suicide twice - Have medical documents which showcases her of having multiple pills also reference to consult Pshychiatric OPD) - Wife's family against Pshychiatric treatment.

2) Wife allegating me of having affairs with Sister-in-law's sister which is not true - have FB Chat which depicts allegations.Even has declared the same in front of my relatives who can come forward and say this.

3) Wife's parents alleging me that I am impotent and want me to get medical tests done for same - Have told this to my relatives multiple times - but no converstation record there.

4) Now she is threatening me of suicide ie telling methat i will be happy if she dies and other things  - Have SMSs of it

5) She has started telling me through SMS that me and my family are criminals,my elder brother has told me not to touch her and my whole family has told me not to entertain her and other false allegations - Have SMS proofs of it.

6) She is upadting pics on whatsApp without Sindoor on head and without mangalsutra and churis - which is essential for a hindu wife to be worn - Have saved images of it

Learning

6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     24 February 2016

Yes you have good case for divorce on the ground of mental cruelty. You will definitely succeed if you engage competent lawyer to work out this case for you in family court. Best of luck.
1 Like

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     24 February 2016

Sir,

Best case for mental cruelty.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : L K C
Please let me know what all amounts to cruelity by wife from below scenarios(Which I have faced till date)  - Married 10 months back :

1) Wife attempted suicide twice - Have medical documents which showcases her of having multiple pills also reference to consult Pshychiatric OPD) - Wife's family against Pshychiatric treatment.

2) Wife allegating me of having affairs with Sister-in-law's sister which is not true - have FB Chat which depicts allegations.Even has declared the same in front of my relatives who can come forward and say this.

3) Wife's parents alleging me that I am impotent and want me to get medical tests done for same - Have told this to my relatives multiple times - but no converstation record there.

4) Now she is threatening me of suicide ie telling methat i will be happy if she dies and other things  - Have SMSs of it

5) She has started telling me through SMS that me and my family are criminals,my elder brother has told me not to touch her and my whole family has told me not to entertain her and other false allegations - Have SMS proofs of it.

6) She is upadting pics on whatsApp without Sindoor on head and without mangalsutra and churis - which is essential for a hindu wife to be worn - Have saved images of it

Report to jurisdiction police station about all this and get NCR done.

1 Like

Santosh Goswami,Advocate (Freelancer)     24 February 2016

Dear Client

The definition of bruelty under H.M.A is very broad. In simple terms cruelty is an act or conduct which creates ample apprehension in the mind of respondent of his life and that he can not be reasonably be expected to live with her. The conducts of your wife which you have narrated certainly amounts to cruelty. There are several judgments of apex courts upon that. The evidences anf facts you have is sufficient to prove cruelty. Only a bad lawyer can spoil your case. I am sorry that I can not provide much detail here.

1 Like

L K C   24 February 2016

Thank you all for your support.

Since the marriage hasnt completed 1 year ,what can i do?

After her 2nd suicide attempt her family took her .After that I had also done a Police Diary Entry and also have a stamped copy of the same.

Am really worried about me and my family,as if i bring her back she will surely do some foul play and ruin our lives.

Please help me out.Am from Bhubaneswar and dont know whom to approach next.

L K C   05 July 2016

Dear All, 

Now the scenario is we are separated for 1 yrs(she is at her parent's place).

Can she put cases against me and my family?

She is working as a teacher now(after leaving me) .Can she ask for maintenance?(She is MA(History) and has done LLB)

She is asking for things through relatives .How can I provide her the same?

Please respond.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register