LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

needinfo (manager)     29 April 2014

What action to take against my lawyer

1 .We were referred to a person who has done basic law and claimed to have a legal company having team of legal experts.

2. This person assured to get in 30 days my outstanding dues from my college, in return will take 10% of 4.5 lacs

3. he sent an email stating to clear my dues of 4.5lacs however  they deposited 30,000 and said they dont owe any money to me. He failed in his promise of getting full amt, however we paid Rs.3000 as cash

4. by then my college sent a legal notice to me stating that they dont owe anything

5. now my lawyer sent a rejoinder notice and demanded Rs. 8000...this time we were debating to go further, he again promised us to get the money in flat 15 days, we agreed and sent the notice to my college

( during our interactions over a period, we realized the lawyer and is wife wanted to extract more money  from my college, also i heard that this so called lawyer is very dangerous and will not keep up his word and many more views about him, we decided we will withdraw if he does not fullfil his promise)

During this phase my college wanted to settle amicably and wanted me to bring my advocate and not this so called lawyer as he is not professionaly qualified, however this so called lawyer did not initiate any dialogue and told us not to go and meet my college authorities, somehow he had his own judgement that they will not gv full amt to me

since this amicable settlemt did not happen, my college sent a rejoinder notice on the 30 th day with the same allegations - (any notice we send the party gets 30 days period  to reply)

we felt he was not flexible and had huge ego as my college authorities did not consider him to talk abt my settlement as he is not an advocate

now we told him that we are finding alternate arrangement and will not go for any further legal recourse as we are trying to work on an educationist intervention to mediate,

in the mean time he came home without notice with his wife and started demanding 10 % money, thinking that we hv already settled the matter again demonstrating a poor judgement,  having seen another unwarranted behavior this time we sent a mail of terminating his services

Now the latest  email is he will initiate legal for breach of trust,

he has been paid 11000 for the work, he failed on his promises, did not initiate amicable settlemnt when the offer came to him, was very vindictive to get more money from my college authorities.

can anyone throw some light on how to deal with this unprofessional guy.

People who are reading this, pls approach thru gd ref, be careful abt ur terms, enter in to an MOU.

Just like this lawyer, wants only money even after not fulfilling his duties....no conscience...pls be alert

My employer sent a sutle word thru a mediator that i hv caught a wrong lawyer and need to be careful in dealing with him, today i realize that the valuable communication....
Stay Happy & Cheerful

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register