Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan Mathew (A.G.M- Exports)     22 June 2012

Verbal abuse and threatening to life over phone

Sir,

Am a working professional with a limited company. Also I serve as Secretary to our registered co operative housing society. One of the member of the society who is not residing in our society and rented out property has approached us to get documents of transferring electricity connection stamped and signed by us. Since there is some dues are outstanding on account of penalty imposed on delayed payments of maintance charges we have informed him over phone we can not sign and stamp the paper as our NOC and will be considered to waive of the penalty outstanding in up coming AGM. However the member has made verbal abuse and threatened to life over phone. I have the recordings of complete telephonic conversion.

In this case what steps to be taken to file a police compliant and what are the sections applicable against him.and whether it is bailable or non bailable offence. to put him under non bailable offence what are the possibilities.

rgds

rajan mathew

Learning

2 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     22 June 2012

you first give police complaint, they will take care of him and offences and punishment. dont bother.

Rajan Mathew (A.G.M- Exports)     22 June 2012

thanks for your reply. well noted. however I wanted to undertand which sections apply and punishments in such cases. whether it is bailable or no bailable. it the legal action on such case are not a strong and not going to be become a example for other to refrain from indulging such act, I am not intrested to proceed. so a better understanding on legal cover on such case will give clear insight .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register