LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen S Kumar (----)     07 May 2012

Validity of slips

This is a case of 1996. My father needed money so he decided to sell off the land of 15 acres. person adjcent to this land came forward to buy it at 50,000/- per acre. He paid total 3,10,000/- in many instalments for two years ie  upto 1998 and my father written in plain papers as receipts mentioning the date and amount he received. After that he never showed intrest in paying the remaining amount inspite of asking him many times. my father expired in 2008. me and my brother transfer the land on our names in 2011.

We don't stay at village, few days back he tried to occupy the land by cultivationg. Now he says he paid for 6.20 acers so get it. we said its not possible to give the land so he demanded us to pay 25 lakhs ie, the present price. our question is, Do the slips written 15 years back are valid? he has not paid the full amount or tried to settle in all these years and how can we give him the land or money now.

can you please help how to deal with this problem. Thank you for any help.

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 May 2012

1.  There are many parameters to be considered on such matters like sale of agriculture land, receipts etc...., before deciding on the genuine sale transactions.

2.  Presently, in the event described by you,  the purchaser has no right whatsoever on any claims on the agriculture land, just simply based on unverified reciepts on plain papers.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register