Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek (eng)     28 February 2012

Validity of sale confirmation deed

Hi Sir,

I am trying to buy an apartment in Bangalore and as an initial step went through the documents they have till now regarding the land they bought. I found that initially the land was owned by one guy who inherited it. He sold it to a second guy in 2004. The second guy sold it to my builder in 2011. Since the land was inherited by the first guy, my builder got a confirmation deed for the sale of land from first guy to second guy from the children of the first guy, to prevent an issues in the future. This deed was done in 2011. But one of the child of the first guy was a minor in 2011 when this deed was made (16 years). In the deed it is written that the guardian of the minor child (the first guy, ie. the childs father) has given consent for this sale. Since the child is minor does this confirmation deed have any legal value? Can the minor on becoming an adult challenge this sale and cause issues?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Vivek

Learning

1 Replies

saravanakumar (Lawyer)     28 February 2012

Vivek,

As kartha first guy can sell . Better we have to see the copy of sale deed executed by first guy infavour second guy 2004. Then only we can give our observations or suggestions for further proceed.

Regards

saravanakumar.D

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register