LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sai   29 April 2016

Using me by fake promises and harassing me in mnc h1b hold

Hi, I havent imagine this day will come. Let me explain.

I am working in an software MNC from past 5.6 years and H1B raised for me for project. later that project got ramped down, hence I came to freepool.

they selected me for one project and didnt give me any billing, this may effecting my variable pay and hike. High level Management (Account Head, Delivery Manager, HRs,Manager..etc) promises us that they are getting project and wait for week. this happend for 6 months continuously and finally 45 people were locked and came to termination. noone help us. At that time I raised my voice and sending frequent mails upto the company Head of HR and called him and explained the situation. He skolds them and  unlocked us. 

Here the real story comes.. 

I got allocated to another project for onsite, the person who took the interview called me in 11 PM and asked me to travel immediately to Chennai by the next flight with my expenses and without allocation. He said this very emergency and some how he convinced him. I travelled with 2 pairs as it is immediate one. After going there, without any KT and allocation, directly he given work and asking to complete, that too that is testing related work which I dont know (I am a developer). In the interview he said its development with minimum of testing actually totally different. even though I am trying to comeplete the work by working more that 16 hours per day including weekends. still they are not satisfied and offshore lead skolding me without any reason and no help at all. as I am new to the project and technology, it is very difficult. After 20 days, i fell down and joined into hospital for low BP and low energy. I was scared about my life and left from there. After coming back to hyd, 20 days I suffered with migrane headache (first time in my life). later some how I am searching for another projects, after all discussions happen in another account. Immediately , this project manager called me and said there is an oppurtunity as you have amendment, start immediately to US, I somehow allocated again and started buying all. late minute (5 hours before my travel) , he called me stop and come back to chennai and didnt told any reason for cancellation. my DM asked me to work in chennai for 2 to 3 weeks and later he is extending the weeks to 2 months. Meanwhile I am not getting salary (basic will be credited) and asking me to work on excel data entry part. I am doing and parallelly searching oppurtunities. when I got the onsite oppurtunities 2 times inside the project itself,I am taking KT also. onsite manger personally went and told them to not to take me. now they are aksing me to work on the excel part in offshore and keep on stopping me. I was litterally frustrated and thinking to suicide. Please suggest me. littrally they are plaing with many people like this. I am in very need of money as my parents (both) had open heart operations. can I attempt suicide?

Plaese advise me.

Yours Unlucky person

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 April 2016

You need to minute and narrate everything to good offices of your appointing authority,MD,Chairman..................... 

There are IT/ITeS employe's unions that have also affilliated with trade Unions.

Your earned wages are not being paid.

Simply said you may approach an able counsel specializing in labor-service matters with all minutes, record, inputs and understand your rights and forums that you can approach.

It shall be better if everything is drafted/structured by your counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register