LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailendra kumar (retired govt servant)     11 February 2012

Use of terrace for parties

the large common  terrace is being used for parties by some flat owners ( building of twenty flats). as a result the workers keep on working going up and down . after the party is over the workers work till night two o'clock removing the chairs , tables, cooking gadgets  carpets etc etc. the lift is till fifth floor(top floor) and the staircase is adjacent to  my flat door while   the other 3 flats door are far away. we get  disturbed due to heavy items movement and people movement as the sound coms through the ceiling and cannot keep the main door open for ventilation as privacy is disturbed.  besides it is security issue,  though some members do not agree ( none of them are affected) and say common areas  can be used by all and i am also prmitted to hold parties there which i dont want ... can public functions with 50 to 100 people be held on large common terraces? even if allowed are there some timing for it ? what is the rule that prevents such usage? if we don not wish to make a police complaint then whom to complain?

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 February 2012

You make complaint before the president of your apartment society 

shailendra kumar (retired govt servant)     11 February 2012

he is the one whose idea is being liked by 16 others as it does not disturb people from 1st to fourth floor. Out of the four on top floor since the staircase begins adjacent to my door, i am most affected. Though the terrace is very large  the activity takes place on my side of the terrace due to  a water tank , and some builing material lying on other side of the terrace. Hence all movement of heavy materials, putting up of pandals (using big poles, shamiana  etc.) causes noise which is heard only in my flat. Complaining to him is no option because he just wont take any action, rather he is the culprit who started this idea that any one can use it for free anytime to hold parties being common area. of course the electrical charges for the lift have also gone up as there is considerable movement of the lift for carriage of materials and movement of 100 odd guests . what is the solution to this ?

what are the other options?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register