Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen (Associate)     10 February 2013

Use of fater's name by married women

Dear Sir,

Please answer my request on urgent basis.

Can a married girl use her father's name while applying for a government job. Is there any law regarding the use of father's or usband's name after marriage while applying for the government job.

Sir I need your help as my friend is in Govt. Job and while applying for the job she mentioned father's name (she applied after marriage and also te marriage is not going well), now her husband filed a complain that she had not mentioned his name as the beneficiary.

She has to give answer mentioning details that she can use name of father, it would be a great help if you tell us any law regarding use of husband or father name after marriage.

Thanks in advance.

Naveen

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 February 2013

Giving husbands name in application is much different from giving his name as a nominee.

Furteher as per PF Rules applicable to Gov temployee,female employee has priviledge to exclude spouce from nomination.

If department calls any explanation then RTI may be filed asking for specific order obliging female applicant noto use father's name.  They have none such order.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register