LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sujit kapoor (Asst. manager)     04 December 2013

urgent: Reconcillation possible or not?

Dear sir We have done court marriage on 3rd june 2013. my inlaws are not ready to accept the marriage and applied for nullity of the same in August 2013 . I have attended 2 dates in her case and yesterday was the recent date and next date given is 12th december 2013. I have not appointed any lawyer now since earlier i filled section 9 by a lawyer and somehow opposite party managed to bribe my lawyer and withdrawn my case without my consent. presently I dont have any lawyer. I want to Know that A) can i Argue my case in my own? B) can reconciliation be done in my case as i am unable To contact my wife? if it is possible how it can be done in my own? If any more details required then kindly confirm. Thanks in Advance. waiting for your reply.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     04 December 2013

You can argue your case personally, there is no legal bar for that. But its not all about arguments, its also about drafting the pleadings, leading evidence, cross examining witnesses, making proper legal submissions and taking proper steps as per the need of the situation in the court. If you feel confident that you will be able to do all this properly then, go ahead and contest the case in person otherwise find some other lawyer who is trustworthy. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2013

Adv Archana has clarified your first point properly.  the second question is:can reconciliation be done in my case as i am unable To contact my wife? if it is possible how it can be done in my own? During the course of the proceedings before the court, you may seek the intervention of a mediator through Lok adalat for reconciliation by mediating you both in person, the court will accede to your request because the period after marriage is very less and suppose the mis-givings have been adjusted, the marriage can be saved.  What is the reason for annulment petition?

sujit kapoor (Asst. manager)     05 December 2013

The reason for annulment petition is that my inlaws are not agreed to our marriage as it is a inter caste marriage without the consent of my inlaws and also my wife has not spent a single day with me at my home. Please suggest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register