LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhoomika (Engineer)     15 April 2014

Urgent husband committed suicide leaving a note

I need urgent help. My husband committed suicide in U.S.A. leaving a note accusing me, my family and my lawyer. His relatives in india just came saying that they will not spare me and my family. I also got a call from local police station that they received a fax of my husband about his suicide note. Can someone help me urgently ? please please please

Learning

39 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2014

The contents of suicide note to be seen, please consult your advocate and be in his/her company while visiting the police station.  If the police are bent on registering FIR, take AB and face the inquiry.

(Guest)

I hope the Victims of the cause should be punished with high sentence to send a strong message in the society!! RIP

fighting back (exec)     15 April 2014

........... a classic example of extreme harrassment by wife and inlaws which made him committ suicide. and the author of the thread is shameless enough asking for an escape route......no one commits suicide for fun or experiment. that poor guy must by harrassed by filing false cases, ....R.I.P.

kamal (Advocate)     15 April 2014

Bhoomika,

Immediately contact your lawyer  in India and take anticipatory bail. may i know where r u from  in India?

Many thanks,

-Kamal

Advocate,Criminal Courts of Hyderabad,AP

**Victim** (job)     15 April 2014

Originally posted by : kamal

Bhoomika,

Immediately contact your lawyer  in India and take anticipatory bail. may i know where r u from  in India?

Many thanks,

-Kamal

Advocate,Criminal Courts of Hyderabad,AP

Sir what lawyer are you talking about ? If you read her post properly her husband has also mentioned her lawyers name in that suicide note. Atleast that is what i interpret from her post ? And i will be the happiest person if such lawyers also face case in court. R.I.P to his soul.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     15 April 2014

What contents are in the suicide notes ? immediately engage a renowned lawyer and take anticipatory bail , visit police station alongwith your lawyer.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     15 April 2014

First take a deep breath and act coolly.  Neither yourself nor your advocate is in anyway impending danger.  The offence that can be alleged is "abetment of suicide".  Firstly, Indian police and criminal courts cannot take cognizance of this case, as it happened beyond the territories of India.  Next, in abetment of suicide cases, direct relation attributable to the suicide act and its abetment has to be proved.  A mere suicidal note from the deceased abroad will not prove the offence of abetment.  A strong action from your side has to be proved to drive point home.  Filing a civil or criminal case by a wife provokes husband to take drastic step, then the wife cannot be foisted with the allegation of abetment of suicide.  So, as an abundant precaution, take anticipatory bail and keep yourself calm.  Nothing is going to happen. 

neesa (house)     15 April 2014

Bhoomika...I can understand because even my husband has threatened suicide when he was abroad that too without any kind of divorce case. People use suicide to emotionally blackmail others. The others on the board who blamed Bhoomika..shame on you..you don't realize till u face the emotional blackmail husband's and their family put on their wife for flimsy reasons.

Adv. Chandrashekar thanks for your sensible advice.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     15 April 2014

According to Psychology commission of suicide occurs when the victim suffers from temporary insanity. Your husband committed suicide while he was staying abroad. Therefore Indian Courts has no jurisdiction to try hear and determine this case of suicide and cannot deal with and probe into apprehended cause behind such incident. So you are safe.

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     15 April 2014

ma'm,

first of all, we need to check the suicide note for advising properly.

it seems you'll be charged for abetment for committing suicide.better to get anticipatory bail.

Anticipatory Bail can be granted where the petitioner is apprehending arrest by the police in connection with a cognizable offence committed in India but not in a foreign country. Secondly as the Suicide committed in a foreign country, Police of that country shall investigate in the matter and if there is any inducement or abatement to that suicide is found or detected foreign Police through Interpol give red alert to the particular country where the abater or otherwise involved person resides.Thirdly two countries cannot taken up investigation on the same offence.

i respect your opinion sir.

but, abetment was committed here in India. so, indian police has very much jurisdiction to investigate the matter.

receiving call from police is sufficient to cause apprehend of getting arrest.

The suicidal note if at all was recovered by the foreign police is lying in the their hands and it is a subject matter of their investigation. Hence, such subject matter of the case lying under their jurisdiction cannot be reopened in India for paralall investigation and trial u/s.180 Cr.PC.

offence of abetment for committing suicide was committed in india.  so, it is triable in India.  police of other country faxed the suicide note, it is clear from that they wants Indian police to investigate the matter. any way, Sec 180 of CrPC states as under-When an act is an offence by reason of its relation to any other act which is also all offence or which would be an offence if the doer were capable of committing all offence, the first-mentioned offence may be inquired into or tried by a court within whose local jurisdiction either act was done.

in my opinion sec 177 of CrPC will be applied. offence of abetment was committed in India, so Indian police is very much competent to investigate the matter. Sec 177 of CrPC states as under-Every offence shall ordinary be inquired into and tried by a court within whose local jurisdiction it was committed.

more over, there is no legal bar to investigate a matter by two or more countries jointly or independently.

i am totally disagreed with your last comment sir. sorry.