Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tejas   03 August 2016

Urgent- employer asking to serve extra notice period

Hi Sir,

I read a article on lawyersclubindia.com.

I am facing issues with my current employer [XXX Pvt Limited], while joining I received an offer letter for serving 30 days notice period if i am in Probation period, And on my offer letter its clearly mentioned that my probation Period is till Oct 2016.

Now my employer saying that policy has been updated and revised notice period is 60 Days, but no communication or written letter is sent to me regarding this and no update has been shared from employer. And i have not signed on any papers about notice period.

Now i got an offer from another company with good profile hence i have submitted the resignation to Hr marking my manger and mentioned 30 days notice period with my relieving date, but my employer says that you need to serve 60 days notice period. ( 60 days notice period is applicable only for employees who are confirmed employees, but i am in probation period till OCT- 2016)

I have checked with my employer about notice period Buyout option but my employer says that the option is not available, but it’s clearly mentioned in offer letter that salary in lieu option is available.

I have attached the screenshot of offer letter.

Please advise me what I should do about this ?

Please help

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2016

Repeated query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=140486&offset=0

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     03 August 2016

what is contracted on employment is only valid unless you agree,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register