LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chitra Ravi Kumar (teacher)     21 September 2014

Urgent::divorce appeal by husband

My husband have applied for divorce 1 year ago in Karnataka High Court(though i dont want any divorce).After one year judge have given judgment.In case status it is written

"Last Action Taken-CASE DISMISSED / CASE DISPOSED". Please help me to understand this phrase,upto me and my lawyer knowledge case is dismissed by the court and no further action will be taken by court.But,my husband and his lawyer said that "Case disposed" means we have to stay seperate and there is no way i can stay with him.Me and and my lawyer told him that "Case disposed" means no divorce and i can stay with him,but he is not ready to accept.Please find attached screen shot of case status.

Please explain me what does it mean.Can i stay with my husband OR after mutual talk or mutual settlement only i can stay with him or without his permission i can't stay with him.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Chitra

Learning

4 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     21 September 2014

Whatever case was put has been dismissed - you have to be sure that it was a divorce case only since the image you sent talks of some " miscellaneous appeal "

it is interesting that even the advocates are differing upon what should be elementary to them ! A Divorce Decree would be much more clearer and detailed so that has not happened vide this order for sure.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     21 September 2014

Divorce case is not filed in HC as u said

Only appeal or revision lies there

Why dont u get a copy of orders for that case from HC to be sure?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     22 September 2014

As per the screen shot, appeal was dismissed in High Court.  For further surety, get the order dated 23/7/2014, which gave the reasons for the dismissal of the appeal at the admission stage itself.  The screen shot shows you have engaged advocates.  Why do not you get a copy of the order dated 23/7/2014.

Jimmy (Manager)     22 September 2014

I write to give you the same opinion as others: Go and get the Orders, Decrees or Judgments issued by the trial Court and High Court. Read them and if you do not understand them, ask questions here. It is not a good idea to disclose your real name in the forum but it appears that you had no choice as you may not know how to Photoshop these images to erase names.  It appears that your husband's case was dismissed and then he appealed and again the appeal was dismissed. You should be able to get all judgments online too.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register