LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

npa123 (software engineer)     13 February 2012

Urgent advice needed

Hi Experts,

I have disputes between me and my wife because of mother in law. Iam staying separetely.
I have filed the civil suite on my parents & wife parents
not interfering my married life.

Filed threated case on my mother in law.

Wife is asking to remove all the cases and I will join with your.

My intention is to rejoin with wife without any legal issues further.

To maintain good releation I can remove all the cases.

But my conditions are

1.My mother in law should not interfere.

2.I should not get any legal issues after removing all the cases.

Now my questions are

How can I get assurance not filing any cases on me after removing all the cases.?

How can I get legal assurance from my mother in law not interfere in our personal life?

What are all the best possible solutions in this case to reunion with my wife?

Waiting for your kind reply ..............


 7 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     13 February 2012

Dear Querist,

There can be no assurances at all - even where women have agreed in their statements to courts not to pursue legal remedies - they still can later - because any agreement whereby any person gives up his legal rights is bad as per the law.

salma Kamdar (housewife)     14 February 2012

Marriage should be unconditional . and understand it , if you both dont share a level of understanding , dont waste time . And your mother-in-law is the one who has given birth to your wife .She would never want her daughter to break her marriage . And i dont think your wife has no brains and she wears Diapers . She knows for herself what she does .So why you worried . And things are not so critical that you directly rush to court .By dragging a relationship called marriage to the court on such petty isssue is not something great you have done . Sit and work things by discussing . By going to court you just adding up to pressure onyour wife and you. 

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     14 February 2012


you have filed a case under the sections of law which is compoundable. Hence ,you can file a memo before the court and depose before the court by turning hostile.

Before this ,you get a written undertaking from your in-law that if she interferes and disturbes your peaceful life you should be free to file fresh case against her. Let this be done in the presence of your family elders.

npa123 (software engineer)     14 February 2012

Hi Sir,

By reading the above post I understood that,

Should withdraw all the cases after getting the written statement from the mother in law.


rajiv_lodha (zz)     14 February 2012

Originally posted by :npa123
Hi Sir,

By reading the above post I understood that,

Should withdraw all the cases after getting the written statement from the mother in law.


Yes, this can be done at the maximum, rest is ur destiny.


Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     17 March 2012

Better solve your problem  by resorting to mutual understanding,you have no case to seek assistance  undertaking is of no use , as opined by  Mr, Bharat Chug . cpompondable offences  can be ended up without turning oneself hostile in the court .

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 March 2012

I agree with other opinion, but must add, that agreement doesnot give any immunity from future prosecution.





Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query