LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

somnath saha (DM)     12 July 2010

Unserved Formalities

I  would like to have some opinion on this...

My wife left her organization( an HR consultancy) before completion of 3 mnths and after taking her salary.

As per the terms of appt ,  an employee on probation needs to give 15 days notice.

She verbally informed them that due to unavoidable circumstances she wont be continuing .But  the resignation was not tendered to them in writing.

Now the employer has become egoistic and wants her to go back and complete the formalities.For this the employer had sent a speed post to us expressing their dissatisfaction over the issue, but unfortunately in that letter they had mentioned there was loss of documents/vital information WHICH IS UNDER ASSESSMENT.

We had replied this letter saying that this happened due to some unavoidable circumstances but expressed our right to take back the allegations of loss as it was defamatory.

Now they had replied saying they will take legal action if she does not serve the formalities.

We could have settled this amicably but after the allegation of 'loss ' this idea seems impossible.

Pls advice as to how to address this?Do we have to face them to court? If so then what are the precautions I must take proactively.

regards

som

Learning

2 Replies

valentine (Advocate)     12 July 2010

In such simple matters ego or pride should not come in the way. From your letter it is very clear compromise or apology from your side would be much advisable.

somnath saha (DM)     13 July 2010

But my wife is not in town and when she comes back I dont want her to go back and face them as it can worsen the situation.Can I call them up and buy the notice period? will that be fine or it will again worsen the situation as we have already exchanged letters with copies to local P.S.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register