LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R (none)     07 July 2012

Unpaid lawyer fees

I was a practicing lawyer 10 years ago but now am retired. 10 years ago a man was a defaulter in a bank. He used my services to get the part of the loan amount and the interest written off/pardoned. He did not pay me any fees that time. He had also taken money from several other people and had fled India and gone to USA. Now he is visiting India and i have come to know that he had paid money back to a lot of other people but he has not paid my fees till now. I do not have any written proof that he used my services and did not pay. What legal action can i take to recover my money. He is not an indian citizen any more.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     07 July 2012

Legally you cannot recover from him now after 10 years. Even if you had evidence, it is now time barred. Even then, if you still want to recover then, call him and remind him of your unpaid fees, if his conscience is awake he may pay your fees, if not, just forget it.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2012

He is paying to almost everyone to whom he owed.Now he has money to pay and want to pay.So you may remind him and he may pay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register