Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumedha   16 September 2017

Unhappy with the marriage

Hello 
I am Sumedha.
I am married woman having a 3 years old son.
i have completed my 6 years of marriage.first 3-4 years were very good. buy after that things are not going well. means I am totally very unhappy with my marriage.
I am married to a muslim guy& it knotted in Special marriage act. 
my husband was running a business and earning was good so as to maintain the finance of the house and all other.
before marrying they have changed my religion and accept the rituals of islam , i accepted , they changed my name also, i accepted all.
after completing 1 year of marriage. my husband asked me to contribute the some portion of my salary to the family.(as husband said "u have not came for a picnic here"- i felt bad ) .i accepted too
(as per my heirs and theirs a girl should never contribute the salary part to the family, husband should give the maintenance to her though she is earning) 
I am also filling MORTGAGE LOAN of the house too that is in the name of mother in law.
now my husband quit the business and he is spare now. means no income. he often asks me for money before quitting his business. now i totally frustrated about all this. how could i manage all this , LOAN ,CHILD SCHOOL FEES and small expenses.
my husband often tease me towards my parents that they haven't gave me as much he was expected .As if now i just cant survive . i realy felt for a divorce. Now i feel my in laws making stupid of me coz i haven't any saving 

now question arises 
1) is any law permits that after marriage a girl should contribute her salary part to the family ?
2) is it necessary to change the religion if marrying muslim guy ?
3) can a girl case a file for divorce if husband not giving the maintenance and fulfilling the finances?

PLS ADVICE AND SUGGEST 

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     16 September 2017

As far as your first query is concerned, there is no such law that the woman has to contribute part of her salary for running the house.  However, there is no such law forbidding a woman from doing the same also. 

No, you dont necessarily have to change the religion whilst marrying a Muslim guy, more so as your marriage was registered under the special Marriage Act. 

Under the Muslim Law, yes.  But under the Special Marriage Act, not so much.  You need to have other grounds. 

From what i understand of your query, the situation is not so serious as to warrant a Divorce. Not to underplay your suffering but this is a situation which can definately be resolved with some counselling either by elders or by certified professionals. 

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     16 September 2017

Please donot misuse this platform for repeatedly asking same question.  1. No. 2. No such law. 3. Yes. On the ground of cruelty.

Gloria   17 September 2017

Hi I got married on Special Marriage Act Nd never stayed together it's been two years and now we filed a mutual divorce, is it possible dat I can get married after 60 days filing the first marriage divorce or I can take any special permission before Da second marriage.. If you can help me out.. Thanks in advance.

sumedha   18 September 2017

very unusual answers. not satisfied.

anyways thanks

sai narayana   18 September 2017

Sumedha ji, First of all you should analyse the reason for estrangement between the two. If his idleness is the reason take the help of common friend for counselling your husband or whatever the best you can do to bring a change in him. When the circumstances came to a point that none of the efforts succeed a change in him then only go for divorce.

In divorce two scenarios. First is Mutual Consent Divorce means both of you jointly agreed to and file a divorce petition in court and the alimony depends on your bargaining power. Second is Contesting Divorce which requires a lot of patience, money, tension, uncertainity, loss of peace etc and after all these also there is no guarantee of obtaining divorce.

So take steps accordingly. All the best.

Arun kumar (business)     21 September 2017

Sumedhaji.. If you are not happy take divorce.. Come back to your orginal religion... Lead a peaceful life.... You can work but for youself and child....

fighter   22 September 2017

Hi Sumedha,

It seems that your problems are temporary. So dont take any serious decisions for silly reasons.

Talk with him and you both plan for your future and savings. This is our life. Think about your kid also.

Thanks,

Fighter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More