LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagineni Nagaraju   28 October 2020

Undivided Hindu Ancestral Property

The Ancestral Property which was undivided, and in the name of my Grandfather as per govt records. The Property was effected under ULC Act when grandfather was alive, and the same was taken over by the Government as surplus land, later my Father's 3elder brother's being the Head of the family, they have applied for assumption of the same surplus land and was exempted on their names, now my father's 3elder brothers are denying my fathers share as the proceedings were passed on those 3elder brothers name's, So my question is that does the exempted land on their names is liable to be divided or not, as it is an Undivided Ancestral Property.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 October 2020

The possession of the property under the Revenue Act, will of grandfather, settlement deed etc., are important documents to be studied.  Unless and until the property is divided in metes and bounds allocating individual shares in such property the property remains to be joint.   Such ULC can neither create nor destroy title of any property, and it only states the possession/ownership of your grandfather.  It is always proper to contact a local advocate in case of complicated issues.

Nagineni Nagaraju   29 October 2020

Oh, thanks a lot for your reply sir, but sir it would be greatfull to you, if i can get a document proof, as i have filed a partition suit, and need to produce proofs to the court.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 October 2020

Now that the partition suit has been filef, what really matters is the pleadings of the defendants in the Written Statement.

Nagineni Nagaraju   29 October 2020

Thanks a lot Prasad sir, as you have mentioned in your reply, regarding possession, the possession is under the family members, and there is no WILL executed by grandfather, and there is no settlement deed or partition deed executed with in the family, so the property is not divided in meters and bounds allocating individual shares.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register