LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

trishi (manager)     13 January 2014

Under the sexual harassment of women act

Can a I file an application to my employer to remove my duty from the place that involves only male colleagues with whom i have to go in cab and supervise the operations that too involve male labor/colleagues . Moreover, the timings of duty are not fixed. Though, the post i am working on, includes this duty too, and also many male colleagues are available to my boss for placing them at this duty instead of me. I requested to him verbally but he is asking me to give reasons in writing.  

Learning

5 Replies

Simi Salooja (Legal Secretary)     13 January 2014

go ahead and give the details in writing.

all the best

regards

simi

but cant they say me that  when you  have accepted the job of this post, you will have to do this duty or leave the job.

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     13 January 2014

you did'nt write why do u want so,have u any difficulty or complaint with ur male collegues,if so u should give to ur employer to remove the problem.

Sir, i don't have any complaints. But the environment /duty and the place where i have to go for this duty involves going with males, as i being one of the commit tee member. Also, the place in the railhead and the operation is of goods train loading, done by male labor. Moreover, the timings of this whole process are not fixed.It may be in early morning or late evenings. I wanted to ask if i can get a chance to prevent this situation where chances of unwelcomed  harassment could occur that would further lead to unnecessary harassment

Sir, i don't have any complaints. But the environment /duty and the place where i have to go for this duty involves going with males, as i being one of the commit tee member. Also, the place in the railhead and the operation is of goods train loading, done by male labor. Moreover, the timings of this whole process are not fixed.It may be in early morning or late evenings. I wanted to ask if i can get a chance to prevent this situation where chances of unwelcomed  harassment could occur that would further lead to unnecessary harassment

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register